The Social Security Administration (SSA) is an independent agency of the United States (U.S.) federal government that administers Social Security, a social insurance program consisting of retirement, disability & survivor benefits. To get most of these benefits, most workers pay Social Security taxes on their earnings, the claimant’s benefits are based on the wage of earner’s contributions. Otherwise benefits like Supplemental Security Income (SSI) are given based on need of the citizen.
Create your own individual my Social Security account today
Now A free & secure my Social Security account provides personalized tools for all the citizen of U.S., whether you receive benefits or not. You can use your account to request replacement of your Social Security card and also check the status of an application,also the estimate future benefits & also manage all the benefits you already receive. All from anywhere online!
Services provided by Social Security
Common Services provided by Social Security are as follows:
- Online Services
Benefits with a my Social Security account?
Benefits with a my Social Security account are as follows::
Request a replacement Social Security card
If you are not receiving benefits:
- Get personalized retirement benefit estimates
- Get estimates for spouse’s benefits
- Get the proof that you do not receive benefits as off now
- Check your application status
- Get your Social Security Statement
If you are receiving benefits:
- Set up or change direct deposit
- Get a Social Security 1099 (SSA-1099) form
- Individual can also Opt out of mailed notices for those available online
- Print a benefit verification letter
- Change your address
How To Properly Use WhatsApp Web
Top 10 Best iPhone File Manager Apps
Tips to keep yourself safe from malware
The Best iPhone Games of All Time
Amazing New iOS 15 powerful Features
Why create an account?
Reasons Why create an account, are as follows::
- It’s quick process Your personal my Social Security account provides you immediate access to important information and tools, putting you in control of your time!
- It’s secure :committed to using the best technologies available to protect your personal information, extra security measures keep you safe and secure.
- It’s easy to signing up for your personal my Social Security account convenient so you can skip the trip!
Social Security Number and Card
Your nine-digit Social Security number is your 1st & continuous connection with Social Security. It helps Govt. to identify & accurately record your covered wages or self-employment earnings and also use it to monitor your record once you start getting benefits.
Reasons to have One?
A Social Security number is very important because you need it to get a job, collect Social Security benefits & get some other government services as well. You should keep your Social Security card in a safe place with your other important papers & avoid giving it out unnecessarily.
Remember that in many cases, even if you lost your social-card, you may not need for a replacement. simply knowing your Social Security number is just more than enough. But if you do need a replacement, it is really easy easy.
Procedure for A New, Replacement Or Corrected Card
Procedure for A New, Replacement Or Corrected Card are as follows :
- LEARN-what documents you need (official WEBSITE ::https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/).
- FILL OUT & PRINT-an application.
- TAKE OR MAIL-this information to us.
Important Note: All documents submitted must be either originals or copies certified by the issuing agency. They simply cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies of documents.
Get your certified copy of a document showing a birth, marriage or divorce that took place in the United States.
keep in mind: If you are filing an application on behalf of someone else, you also must show us evidence of your relationship to that individual, or responsibility for, that particular person. You must also show proof of your identity as well.
social security administration phone number
1-800-772-1213 You can call us toll-free at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778). By calling 1-800-772-1213, you can use our automated telephone services to get recorded information and conduct some business 24 hours a day.